People say that Student Union elections are shallow as they only focus on slogans and cheesy photos without having any real substance.
I totally disagree. I believe the philosophical background, skill and poetical depth that goes behind an election motto is a true work of art, sign of ability and passion incomparably superior to the greatest of theories and ideas.
Many candidates in the Manchester SU elections spent lots of time and effort creating the most eye-catching slogans but I forgot.
Anyway, as it is one of the most important aspects of the electoral campaign, I feel the necessity to write down a few.
You can choose the cheesiest one by voting in the poll at the bottom of the post.
If you have any further motto suggestions leave a comment!
- Vote Maxia for #1 community! Imagine combining an authentic Italian pizza, with Swedish meatballs after a night-out in Sankeys.
- Value for Votes: why go for small or regular if you can have MAXia for the same vote?
- MAXIAmising your student experience and improving the community
- If you are hungry for change in your community get A. MAXI(a) portion of community.
- Vote MAXia, because size matters.
- Let Alexander the great become your community mate.
- ‘Latinized form of the Greek name Αλεξανδρος (Alexandros), which meant “defending men” from Greek αλεξω (alexo) “to defend, help” and ανηρ (aner) “man” (genitive ανδρος).’ Oh WOW Alexander, defender and helper of the people, is running for Community Officer! I know who I’ll vote..
But my all time favourites are the UrbanDictionary definitions, some are so accurate! LOL